The programme provides the opportunity discover more about themselves, to make sense of the world and their contribution to it as well as to find their self-expression. Learning new life skills in a non-judgmental environment, our work incorporates working outdoors with horses from the ground (no riding involved).
Objectives of programme:
1) Heal from past experiences
2) Make sense of the world and their contribution to it
3) Identify key skills, talents and uniqueness
4) Develop social skills – relationship building, communication and self-expression
5) Develop strategies to recognize and manage your emotions
6) Create aspirations for the future and clarify steps to get there.
Benefits of attending:
• More ready to learn and take on new things
• Learn new skills to support you in life
• More connected to who they are and the value they bring
• More confidence and ability to express themselves
• Increased self-esteem, self-worth, happiness and fulfilment
Who should attend:
Young people aged 18 – 25 years old
Special Educational needs
Learning disabilities (moderate to severe)
The intervention run by Time to Shine Kids proved to be very illuminating and successful for the 2 pupils that I had been working with. They really looked forward to the weekly sessions and the intervention provided a 'safe space' for the pupils to begin to identify and explore new skills and ways of thinking. It was clear that interacting with the horses and the facilitators afforded the pupils the opportunity to experience a different way of working that allowed them to become aware of some of the difficulties or barriers that were preventing them from successfully engaging and accessing education. The intervention very quickly brought to the surface the key issues that were effecting the pupils; I believe this is something that is unique to equine facilitated therapy and therefore the more children and young people that can benefit from this approach the better
I had a session with the big white horse without knowing what to expect. I set an intention while there and I had a beautiful experience as well as answers to what I was enquiring. That moment, I was present to a special connection with the horse and still now it is alive in me. Just awesome!!
I attended a group session, and the experience I had was incredible. It was very insightful to hear other people's stories, and the ways in which I could relate to them. This experience managed to open up so much for me, answering questions I didn't even know I had. My anxiety is now next to nothing, whereas before I would struggle to express myself without getting nervous, and had very low self esteem. In all honesty this therapy has changed my life for the better. I went to the session with an open mind, and walked out with life changing results. I couldn't recommend it enough.
We really enjoyed and were amazed by it, incredibly revolutionary! We could see how it would benefit students for confidence, self-esteem, stress, anxiety, anger and emotional wellbeing. We would love to tap into it however as a mainstream school we are restricted on funding and logistics. We will continue to sow the seeds in different places and see what opens up.
I've had several sessions over a period of time. I've gained a deeper connection with myself, started trusting myself and explored the real me and became more authentic. These sessions allowed me to get confidence in my next actions for my business and life. The horses mirror you and guide you that allows you to discover your blind spots.
We deliver Enrichment 'learning with horses' sessions over the school holidays to support children and young people with the development of life skills.
During these sessions you will be learning about:
• How to look after horses: building trust, relationships and empathy with them.
• Observing and learning about horses’ behaviours and how they communicate with each other, reading non-verbal communication and social structures.
• Gain practical skills and experiences that can help as you get ready for future independence and work.
• How to communicate effectively, follow instructions, problem solve and work as a team.